Creating a JazzQuiz activity is like any other activity, and may depend on the course format. We assume that the reader is has used other activities before, and will only comment on configuration settings below.
A basic, generic Quiz
Creating a new activity in the course, choose JazzQuiz as the activity type.
- Enter activity name (probably equal to the course name)
- All other settings can be left as they are. The defaults are sensible for most use cases.
- Click «Save and Display»
- The activity is now created and we can edit the quiz.
We now have a basic quiz ready to run a session. We get the screen to start a session, but there are also tabs to continue editing the quiz, if pre-planned questions are desired.
Comments on the Quiz settings
- Group settings. Currently we do not see the good use cases for grouping. Personally, I would let the students work in teams, but reply individually. If there is a good case for responding as groups, this should be researched further.
- Review options. Review is currently very limited. We want to improve the review functionality, but it is not top of the list. The section is likely to disappear.
- Common module settings and Restrict access. This are generic activity/course settings, and one should consult general Moodle doc's.
- Activity completion. TODO. Research and document
- Tags and Competencies. This are generic moodle settings, please consult moodle doc's. They are presumably useful to classify and search contents on moodle.